Person/Family Directed Support Waiver
Pediatric & Adult Skilled Home Care Division
The Pennsylvania Person/Family Directed Support Waiver is designed to help persons with developmental disabilities live more independently in their homes and communities and to provide a variety of services that promote community living. Traditional Pediatric & Adult Skilled Home Care can provide these services through the traditional agency model. In Lackawanna and Susquehanna counties, Traditional Pediatric & Adult Skilled Home Care is an approved Agency With Choice provider for the P/FDS Waiver.
• Be age three and older
• Have a diagnosis of mental retardation
• Require active treatment
• Be recommended for an Intermediate Care Facility/Mental Retardation level of care based on a medical evaluation
• Determined eligible for Medical Assistance
• $2,000 resource limit (does not apply to dependent children under age 21)
• Income limit 300% of the Federal Benefit Rate
• Individual cost limit of $26,000 per person per fiscal year (excluding supports coordination)
Note: the cost limit of $26,000/fiscal year for the P/FDS Waiver is the major difference between the Consolidated and P/FDS Waivers.
Services that can be provided by Traditional Pediatric & Adult Skilled Home Care include:
• Assistive technology
• Behavior support
• Home accessibility adaptations
• Home and community habilitation (unlicensed)
• Specialized supplies
• Therapy (physical, occupational, behavioral and speech/language)
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.