The OBRA Waiver is a Home and Community Based Waiver program that may help you if you have a developmental physical disability to allow you to live in the community and remain as independent as possible.
- A resident of Pennsylvania.
- Age 18-60.
- Have a severe developmental physical disability requiring an Intermediate Care Facility/Other Related Conditions (ICF/ORC) level of care.
- The disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Capacity for independent living
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
- Other related conditions (ORCs) include physical, sensory, or neurological disabilities which manifested before age 22 and are likely to continue indefinitely.
Services that can be provided include:
- RN, LPN
- Skilled Nursing
- HHA Services
- PT/OT Therapy
- Respite services (Nursing or Home Health Aide)
Note: The list of eligibility criteria and services may change when waiver amendments or waiver renewals are approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Please, visit the Department of Public Welfare’s website for a current list of all services provided through this waiver.